View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ian_Fearn
Junior
Junior

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-12-04

PostSubject: First post and a rusty old Range Rover   Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:15 pm

Hello all, whilst being relatively young i dont buy into the 'new car' thing so we run two 1992 Citroen BX's, one Talbot Express and a 1985 Range Rover, the subject of the post...

So my old RR is ex police, has done getting on for 400,000 miles now and the body is absolutely rotten. Its b1oody annoying though as the engine, transmission, suspension, brakes and chassis etc are excellent. It breaks my heart to break this car so has anybody got any good ideas??

Ian
Back to top Go down
James-Founder
Founder
Founder

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2007-03-21

PostSubject: Fantastic   Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:19 pm

What a brilliant collection you have there, every one a cracker I would say. I suppose you could find a RR with a dead engine and do a transplant, plus there used to be some interesting kits Rotrax? Could you bobtail it for serious off roading?
Back to top Go down
http://bangernomics.editboard.com
Ian_Fearn
Junior
Junior

PostSubject: Re: First post and a rusty old Range Rover   Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:42 pm

Just checked out Rotrax....wooooaaaahhhh!! Can a car get any more ugly Wink

Good range rover bodies are pretty thin on the ground although i think longer term it seems a better solution.

My mate is trying to persuade me to fit the V8 engine to a Ford P100 pickup.

BX's make great bangernomics as do Xantia's if you want a cheap, comfy, reliable motor.
Back to top Go down
jadis
Junior
Junior

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2009-12-29

PostSubject: Re: First post and a rusty old Range Rover   Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:58 am

[quote="Ian_Fearn"]Just checked out Rotrax....wooooaaaahhhh!! Can a car get any more ugly Wink

It's not as ugly imho than CitroŽn XM !! Laughing (was the XM designed by Jerry Anderson? Is it just me that thinks it looks like Thunderbird 2 on wheels?)
Back to top Go down
Ian_Fearn
Junior
Junior

PostSubject: Re: First post and a rusty old Range Rover   Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:53 pm

Whoaaa there!! Thats fighting talk Wink

The XM just happens to be about my all time favourite car. I had one until recently, a mk1.5 with the 12v 3.0 V6 engine. I absolutely loved everything about it..... EXCEPT the fact very little worked in the end and making anything worked involved mega time and money. Dirt cheap to buy though and I had 12 months of pleasure with it. Not a car for people with clean finger nails Very Happy
Back to top Go down
James-Founder
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: XM   Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:21 pm

My local garage used to be a Citroen agent and still gets the lovely old beasts in. Parts are pricey but what a sensationally styled vehicle, not remotely boring I love it....
Back to top Go down
Ian_Fearn
Junior
Junior

PostSubject: Re: First post and a rusty old Range Rover   Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:18 pm

Thanks for the XM support!!

By the way, i've decided to put the Range Rover through an MOT and see what it needs before issuing its death warrant.
Back to top Go down
James-Founder
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: MOT   Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:29 pm

Good luck with the MOT I will keep them crossed for you...
Back to top Go down
Ian_Fearn
Junior
Junior

PostSubject: Re: First post and a rusty old Range Rover   Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:41 pm

I would have got the thing MOT'd over christmas but my good lady wished to go to the Lake District in our old Talbot motorhome. It snowed.... A LOT!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thats me in the distance wading through knee deep high snow! Camper holidays are fantastic!! (Cheap too)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
James-Founder
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Snow   Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:02 pm

Goodness me that's proper snow....on New Year's day a 2am I was out in my XJ and we had a blizzard, roadholding was marginal and the only car I passed on the last few miles home was another X300...
Back to top Go down
Ian_Fearn
Junior
Junior

PostSubject: Re: First post and a rusty old Range Rover   Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:40 pm

Is the X300 the model that went from the late 90's to 2004 ish?

My uncle has a 99 3.2 V8 Jag XJ8. Its lovely. I'm waiting for the time when he upgrades Smile
Back to top Go down
James-Founder
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: 6 cylinder   Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:02 pm

It's the 94-97 6 cylinder rather than the V8. Been great so far and very cheap to buy and superb for long journeys...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First post and a rusty old Range Rover   

Back to top Go down

First post and a rusty old Range Rover

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1